The 2018 National Dealer Skills Championship (Club Stage) has been totally redesigned this year, with a new scoring system which minimises subjectivity and enables you to score your team members quickly, fairly and easily.
- The competition is set at two levels, one for entrants with over two years’ gaming experience, and the second for entrants with less than two years’ gaming experience.
- A minimum of 5 people must participate for each category (under 2 and over 2 years) to be valid. If you do not have 5 or more dealers in your club you can work with local casinos to create a combined under 2 year competition.
- Group Stage: All clubs are split into five regions (see Regional Final Groupings). Your Club Champions will compete against other Club Champions in their Regional Final. The over and under 2 years’ winners from these groups will progress to the Grand Final.
- All dealers who started dealing after 27th August 2016 are eligible to enter the under 2 year category.
- All of the core skills have been broken down into timed ‘drills’ which require you to do nothing more than observe and time the events, whilst marking down any prescribed errors.
The team members are given an amount of points at the start of each event and they try to keep as many of those points as they can by performing the drills with as few errors as possible.
- Some of these drills are timed. The timing of the drills allows your team members to receive bonus points. The bonus points are a percentage of the team member’s remaining score at the end of the drill.
These percentages will be automatically calculated and added when you enter the scores into the electronic score-sheet which will be provided. For more information on how the timings and bonuses are calculated and added to the scores, please see page 7 of the Coordinator Guide. This also details the bets required for Drill 6, please ensure that you replicate the bets as shown in the photographs. The photos show the starting stacks and which stations they should be placed on.